Saturday, 1 March 2014

Bookapedia T1 Wonder


On the first day of school, Ms. Petosa asked each student to share two things you want other people  to know about you what things did August share and why do you think he chose those? Then share two things people might not know about you. Display this on our wonder wall anonymously so we can try and guess who you are!

Walt use various sources of information to better understand the authors message.
SC:  use clues from the story or make connections beyond the text.
He stood up shyly and kept his head down

August said:
"My Name is August I have a sister named Via and a dog named daisy"

Because when you talk people look at you... He doesn't like to be stared that much, so he decided to make his Introduction quite small and also maybe he talked about his dog and sister because nobody would ask any questions about himself
I went back to that part in the book.  I read the text to get the answers to the questions.  I imagined myself as August and standing up in front of people that you haven't met before. I think that's just hard anyway without having something wrong with your face. So for August if he had a choice I think he would not of got up.

No comments:

Post a Comment