Saturday, 12 April 2014

Bookapedia T1 Wonder

I was interested in finding out some of the answers to my questions I wanted to ask RJ Palacio

Here are the answers:

Why did you choose to do Justin's part of the book in lower case and poorly punctuated?


When it came to writing Justin's part of the book, because he is a musician It seemed just natural for me to represent his thoughts in a very visual way. He's the kind of person who doesn't talk a lot , because he is naturally shy, but has a lot going on inside. The running monologue inside his head has no time for capital letters of punctuation.

What did you want your readers reaction to be after reading this book?

I hope they will come away with the idea that they are noticed: their actions are noted. Maybe not immediately  or directly or even in a way that seems obvious, but if they're mean someone suffer if they're kind someone benefits.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liam
    I like the way you went to the author to see her purpose. What connections can you make to you as an author? Do you write with a deliberate purpose (eg. using different perspectives, different writing styles, or word phrases in deliberate ways?)

    ReplyDelete