Friday, 12 September 2014

Reading Sample

My Goal is to make connections.

WALT
GET IT...use a range of sources by questioning and predicting
SORT IT...analyse and sort information to answer my question: see if my thinking has changed, look for patterns by questioning inferring, summarising
USE IT…discuss what I have found out with others and make connections 

TASK 
Inquiring readers go through a process to gather, organise and respond to new information. We have been using  the ‘GET IT, SORT IT, USE IT’ process. After reading ‘Wonder’ by R.J.Palaccio our group felt moved to DO something but we didn’t know what! We all had lots of questions so we decided to research more about disabilities before deciding. I wanted to know more about How we can help people with disabilities to be independent.

SUCCESS CRITERIA

I can research using different sources.












I can think logically, creatively, and reflectively.













I can make generalisations from patterns and connections.


                                                 





























Did my thinking change or stay the same during the ‘GET IT’ stage? No it didn't

From ‘SORTING IT’ I can make these generalisations: It is hard to get up off the ground if you need crutches, all things that move are loose to the things they are attached, people who have had disabilities their whole life don't know ht it's like to be normal, they always want to try and be independent.


‘USE IT’ (what did you do- those who did a social action, or what could you have done for this stage- for those who didn't?)
I am inventing something that will help people in crutches we will add a joint at the bottom to allow it to move.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liam I really like your invention idea - I hope you continue to work on this at home! Remember, as exciting as inventing is the most successful inventors are ones who take time to research and observe before they rush in and invent.

    ReplyDelete